Extraordinary Professor, University of Panama - UP, Panama, Rep. of Panama.
Academic Qualifications:2016: Posdoc at the Building Physics and Services Unit, Department of the Built Environment of the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), the Netherlands.
2015: PhD (Doctor) in Science at both the Building Physics and Services
Unit, Department of the Built Environment of the Eindhoven University of Technology
(TU/e), the Netherlands and at the Civil Construction Engineering Department
of the Polytechnic School of the University of São Paulo (USP), São
Paulo, Brazil - June 2015 (PhD dual-degree).
PhD Thesis: Geometry and ventilation: evaluation of the leeward sawtooth roof potential in the natural ventilation of buildings.
Supervisors: Prof. dr. ir. Bert Blocken (TU/e) and Prof. dr. ir. Brenda C.C. Leite (USP); co-supervisor: Twan van Hooff (TU/e).
2006: MSc (Master) in Energy Efficiency and Environmental Building
Design at the São Carlos's Engineering School of the University of São
Paulo (EESC/USP), São Carlos, São Paulo, Brazil - July 2006.
MSc. Thesis: Ventilação e iluminação naturais na obra de João Filgueiras Lima, Lelé: estudo dos hospitais da rede Sarah Kubitschek Fortaleza e Rio de Janeiro.
Supervisor: Prof. dr. Rosana M. Caram.
(one of the most valuable Master Thesis in the field in Brazil, reaching until now 15,101 visits and 11,223 downloads in the USP Digital Library: http://www.teses.usp.br/teses/disponiveis/18/18141/tde-12032007-225829/en.php).
2002: Architect and Urban Planner at the São Carlos' Engineering School of the University of São Paulo (EESC/USP) - December 2002.
2000: Scientific Initiation fellow of São Paulo Research Foundation - FAPESP.
1996: BS in Science and Letters at Marista San Vicente de Paul High School (Current San Agustin High School), David, Chiriqui, Rep. of Panama.
- XVI National Congress of Science and Technology, 2016, Panamá, Rep.
- FIM2016, Panamá, Rep. of Panama.
- 14th International Conference IndoorAir 2016, Ghent, Belgium.
- CIEMI-SPIA 2015, Panamá, Rep. of Panama.
- ISHVAC-COBEE 2015, Tianjin, China.
- CWE 2014 - Hamburg, Germany.
- Urban Physics Autumn School - UPAS 2013 - Halkidiki, Greece.
- ZEMCH 2012 - Glasgow, UK.
- URBENVIRON 2011 - Cairo, Egypt.
- ENCAC/ELACAC 2007 - Ouro Preto, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- ENCAC/ ELACAC 2005 - Maceió, Alagoas, Brazil.
- 4th Engineering for Hospitals Meeting 2004 - São Paulo, Brazil.
- ENCAC/ ELACAC 2003 - Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil.
- ENCAC/ ELACAC 2001 - Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil.
- IX International Symposium of Scientific Initiation USP/CNPq, (SIICUSP), 2001, São Paulo, Brazil.
- Architecture of the three Americas, 1997, Panama, Rep. of Panama.
- Building and Environment (IF: 3.394)
- Building Simulation (IF: 1.409)
- Sustainable Cities and Society (IF: 1.044)
- Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics (IF: 1.033)
- Reviewer of The Sustainable Construction Guide for Panama promoted by The National Secretariat of Energy of the Government of Panama.
- Doctoral thesis (PhD) was selected to compete for the Best Doctoral Thesis
delivered between 2014 and 2015 in the University of São Paulo - USP,
São Paulo, Brazil.
- Top-25 Hottest article from July till November 2015 (Science Direct): Ranked 23st in ISI Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics:
Perén, J.I., van Hooff, T., Ramponi, R., Blocken, B., Leite, B.C.C.; Impact of roof geometry of an isolated leeward sawtooth roof building on cross-ventilation: Straight, concave, hybrid or convex?. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol.145, Oct.2015, P.102-114. doi:10.1016/j.jweia.2015.05.014
- Research grant provided by the Vice-rectory of Post Graduation and Research
(VIP) of The University of Panama (UP).
- Post-Doctoral grant provided by Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), The Netherland.
- Doctoral grant provided by The Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel (CAPES), Brazil.
- Doctoral grant provided by The National Secretariat of Science, Technology and Innovation (SENACYT), Panama.
- Master grant provided by The Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel (CAPES), Brasil.
- Research Initiation grant provided by The São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP), Brasil.
- Keynote lecture at 5th International Conference of Mechanical Engineering,
Panama, Rep. of Panama, 24 August 2016.
- Keynote lecture at 15th CIEMI-SPIA Conference, Panama, Rep. of Panama, 15 October, 2015.
- Lecture at The University of Panama (UP), Panama, Rep. of Panama, 4 July 2014.
- Lecture at The University of Panama (UP), Panama, Rep. of Panama, 5 February 2009.
- Lecture at Santa Maria la Antigua Catholic University (USMA), Panama, Rep. of Panama, 21 April 2009.
- Lecture at FADISC University, São Carlos, São Paulo, Brazil, 13 June 2007.
GO BACK TO THE HOMEPAGE